DJ

ON AIR

Sello Tjopa
00:00 - 04:59
ON AIR NOW: Falimehang
LESOTHO DECLARES NATIONAL LOCK-DOWN TO CURB COVID-19.
Lesotho declares national lock-down to curb COVID-19.
26 March 2020 | 14:19

Due to the high rate of the spread of the novel coronavirus in South Africa, Prime Minister Dr. Motsoahae Thomas Thabane announced that in a cabinet sitting on Thursday the 26th March 2020, they decided to set aside finances that will be used to fight the spread of the virus in Lesotho in all its forms.

He said the cabinet decided to impose a national lock-down, starting from the 29th March to the 21st April this year.

In his remarks he said during this time residents will not be allowed to leave their houses, except those who provide essential services like health professionals, members of security sectors and bankers.

Dr. Thabane instructed everyone in Lesotho to stay at home, and leave only for reasons including buying medicines at pharmacies and for buying food and other household necessities.

He banned all public gatherings except for funerals, where a maximum of fifty people will be expected at each service.

He also instructed security sectors to enforce the lock down, and other government plans to curb the virus immediately.

So far there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Lesotho.  



SHARE WITH FRIENDS:   

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

Loading...

MORE ARTICLES